Get rid of nasty spider mites and plant pests the natural way with Diatomaceous Earth Pesticide for House Plants 🥳
WHAT IS DIATOMACEOUS EARTH MADE FROM AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Diatomaceous earth is made from the skeletons of ancient water creatures and acts like an insecticide. Under a microscope diatomaceous earth looks like tiny shards of glass, when insects come into contact with these shards it punctures their exoskeleton and dehydrates them to death.
HOW DO I PRONOUNCE “DIATOMACEOUS EARTH”?
BENEFITS OF USING DIATOMACEOUS EARTH ON YOUR HOUSE PLANTS:
- Sticks to insects making it effective in controlling pests long-term 👍
- Completely natural, food grade, and chemical free 🌳
- Can be watered into soil as an insecticide to help get rid of spider mites, gnats, and other garden pests 🦟
- Feeds plants Silica which is like calcium for our bones 🦴
- Pet & kid safe! 😻
HOW TO USE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH AS A PESTICIDE FOR HOUSEPLANTS
1. Mix with water
2. Spray leaves thoroughly or water through the soil.
3. Let the DE dry on your leaves and keep on for up to 2 weeks until pest problem is gone. Inspect your plant babies!
4. Wipe off with cloth or take your plants to the shower on watering day 🛀
ADD DIATOMACEOUS EARTH TO SOIL:
Adding Diatomaceous Earth to your soil is great for aeration and encouraging strong roots. To add Diatomaceous Earth to your soil mixes, add 1-3 tablespoons per gallon of soil.
DO NOT use when beneficial insects are present. DE will kill them too 😵
AVOID INHALATION - it can be an irritant on the lungs like any fine particulate.